My life as a retired show dog and now-retired reading therapy dog but all around good boy.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Longmont Day One

My people took me to Longmont for a show today. It was absoultely pouring cats and frogs -- dogs would never fall from the sky -- all day yesterday and all day today and I must say, with all those wet dogs in that big fairgrounds barn, whew, I've never smelt so much wet dog smell at one time. Woof! Yum! Heaven!

Anyway, finally I had to get in the ring and while the judge man said I still need to be "peopled" a bit more since I still leaned a bit into Kristen when he touched me, I did pretty okay. I won two ribbons again, best (and only) puppy dog 12-18 months (since I'm now 12 months old...) and then for some reason the judge thought I was best boy dog today, an upset choice over my pal Vinnie. Sorry pal! There's no accounting for judge's choices sometimes. I can't figure it out yet. Oh well. It was fun.

We'll be back in Longmont early tomorrow -- 9;15 a.m. -- if you find yourself wanting to see the someday world famous Westley the Spinone Dog -- me! in person. Or, in canineosity, I guess, since I'm not a person. Woof woof!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home