My life as a retired show dog and now-retired reading therapy dog but all around good boy.

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Terry-All Day One

After a big bath last night, I got up really early (2:48 a.m. to go outside) and then got up early (6 a.m. or so) and took my people and Connor's friend Annette down to the Adams County Fairgrounds south of Brighton, Colo., and got back into the show ring. I did pretty OK -- won a first place ribbon for best puppy 9-12 months (ahem -- only puppy dog, but still the best....) and then against the two other boys, Vinnie and Argyle. Vinnie took first place but I was named "Reserve Winner" and got another ribbon. (Vinnie went on to beat all five of the Spinoni there, and later in the day got to go to the sporting group ring.) Woof woof for Vinnie!

I stood pretty still for the judge this time, although I will admit I leaned a little bit. But shoot, I'm still a puppy more or less. After Vinnie was named winner, we went out and met another little Spinone puppy, Winston I think his name was, and we also got to meet Rico, the older Spinone in Vinnie's house in Castle Rock. We also walked around a bit and I watched some other dogs doing obedience and rally events. I'm going to try to get my friend Patches to do rally some day.

We're going back again to compete tomorrow, same place, Ring 12 in the back building, at 11:30 a.m. Maybe you'll come visit us and watch, like my new human friends Greg and Mariel did today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home