My life as a retired show dog and now-retired reading therapy dog but all around good boy.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Zamboni?

Taking my sister dogs and my guy for a walk tonight, and a small red car pulls up and yells at the big guy, "Hey, what kind of a dog is that?"

"Spinone," he says.

"What?" says the guy in the car?

"A spinone. An Italian hunting dog," my guy says.

"Huh." The guy drove off. I guess he liked me.

Two blocks later, another guy walking another dog yells across the street.

"Hey, is that an otterhound?"

Otterhound? Puh-lease.

"No, he's a spinone. Taller, and a bit less hairy."

Otterhound. C'mon. I mean really.

Then, back at the house, my favorite lady says she was talking dogs with a person today and mentioned she had me, a spinone, and this other person said, "Oh yeah, I know them, but whenever I try to think of their name, I think Zamboni."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home